Third Party App Publishing Checklist
"Good checklists, on the other hand, are precise. They are efficient, to the point, and easy to use even in the most difficult situations. They do not try to spell out everything--a checklist cannot fly a plane. Instead, they provide reminders of only the most critical and important steps--the ones that even the highly skilled professional using them could miss. Good checklists are, above all, practical." ― Atul Gawande, The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right
This page contains a "checklist" to go over before you publish an app to customers. As with any guide if you have reason to deviate, it is recommended you follow your intuition and deviate.
detailsfield, specify an
upstreamProjectskey whose value is an array of hashes, each of which describes the licenses associated with software or packages included in this app, as discussed here. This is required to ensure compliance with open-source licenses. For each entry, specify software's
licenseUrl, and optionally
regionalOptionscontains regions for ALL supported app regions.
- Contemplate setting
"openSource": true. Default is
False, set at your discretion.
- Add a unit test (or 2, or 3...) for your app.
- Write Readme.md and (optional) Readme.developer.md
- Build as app on DNAnexus platform, bill to
org-your_handler(DO NOT PUBLISH YET). Remember the unpublished app ID, "app-xxxx".
- Read documentation to double check. (Unpublished app URL will be available to developers as: https://platform.dnanexus.com/app/app-xxxx)
- Build as an app on DNAnexus platform billed to
org-your_handler(DO NOT PUBLISH YET). Remember unpublished apps can be viewed by developers on the platform under https://platform.dnanexus.com/app/app-xxxx.
- Test it on expected data.
org-dnanexus_tools_adminas a Developer so DNAnexus can help add authorizedUsers PUBLIC when needed.
- Email [email protected] so the DNAnexus tools admin team is notified and can work with you to make the app PUBLIC.
- Verify the versions that appear on the platform are the intended versions
Congratulations! You've published an app. Feel free to publicize your app and let your users know your tool is available in the cloud.