Learn how to set up billing for your account, so you can run analyses, as well as store and egress data. Set spending limits, view past transactions, and more.
Users can set up a personal billing account to pay for any charges they incur when running analyses, storing data on the DNAnexus Platform, or egressing data from the Platform. Note that a user needs to have a valid form of billing in order to be able to run these analyses.
To set up automatic billing for your personal account using a credit card, you will need to first set up billing from within your user profile on the Platform.
Note that Billing Portal accounts are separate from DNAnexus Platform accounts. Each uses an independent username and password. Before you can access the Billing Portal, you must first set up billing on the DNAnexus Platform.
- 1.To set up personal billing from the DNAnexus Platform, click on your avatar at the far right end of the main Platform menu, then select Billing from the dropdown menu.
- 2.Locate the tile for the account for which you want to set up billing. Click on the arrow at the bottom right of the tile. Then follow the instructions to set up billing. A pane will open showing billing details for the account. Click the Set Up Billing button.
- 3.You will be taken to the DNAnexus Billing Portal Getting Started page. Follow the instructions to add your billing information. As noted above, the Billing Portal account you will create is separate from your DNAnexus Platform account.
- 4.At the Account step, enter your account details. The "Org ID" and "Billing Account Name" fields will be automatically populated. At this step, you’ll create a password that you will use to access the Billing Portal in the future.
- 5.Once you reach the Billing step, enter your billing address and payment method. Adding a credit card will set up autopay to cover monthly Platform charges. If you have a voucher code, enter the voucher code, rather than a credit card number, on the Payment Method page.
- 6.Review your billing details and correct any errors. Then click Set Up Billing.
- 7.After your payment method has been successfully verified, you can return to the Platform and resume your work. Click Return to DNAnexus. On returning to the Platform, you’ll see the authorized funds available for use in your billing account.
Setup confirmation page
- 1.Once you've set up billing, you can update your billing and payment information directly on the Billing Portal. Remember that you'll need to log in using your Billing Portal username and password.
- 2.After logging in, you will be taken to your billing Overview page.
- 1.To add or update a payment method, go to the Payment Methods section under the Settings tab. Note that you can delete a payment method if you're no longer using it.
- 2.If you added a new payment method here, be aware that it will not automatically be used by your billing account. To assign it to your billing account, return to the Subscriptions (Billing Accts) menu under the Billing tab. Select the billing account you'd like to update, use the dropdown options to change the payment method used for the account, then click Submit. This change will be applied on your next invoice.
Each month, users with a billing account receive an invoice for Platform usage charges incurred during the preceding month. For users who have set up autopay using a credit card, these invoices are paid automatically.
Once you have set up a Billing Portal account, you can use it to set up billing for multiple billing accounts, provided all are linked to the same email address. This includes both DNAnexus Platform and Research Analysis Platform billing accounts.
To link an additional Platform or Research Analysis Platform billing account to an existing Billing Portal account, follow the steps outlined above, clicking the Set Up Billing button in the tile showing details for the billing account in question.
Spending limits can only be increased for billing accounts that are paid via credit card.
- 1.In the Billing section of the left-side menu on the Billing Portal, click on Subscriptions (Billing Accts).
- 2.Select the account whose spending limit you'd like to increase.
- 3.Click the Increase Spending Limit button.
- 4.Fill out required fields, then click Submit Request.
- 5.If you have a positive and consistent billing history, you will be granted a spending limit increase immediately.
- 6.You will receive an email confirming the spend limit increase.
Open the Billing section of the left-side menu on the Billing Portal, then click Invoices. Invoices can be searched by status, which can be either "Open" or "Paid."
Select Open to see detail on invoices that have not yet been paid, for all billing accounts linked to your Billing Portal account. Note that if you're an autopay customer using a credit card, the "Balance Due" will revert to zero after a credit card payment is applied against any outstanding charges.
Open the Billing section of the left-side menu on the Billing Portal, then click Transaction History. Select a date range to see detail on all transactions for all billing accounts linked to your Billing Portal account, between those dates.
Open the Billing section of the left-side menu on the Billing Portal, then click Statements. Select a Statement Date. This will include, in your statement, detail on all transactions for all billing accounts linked to your Billing Portal account, up to and including that date. Optionally, enter a Start Date, to include only transactions occurring on or after that date.
If you want a single consolidated statement covering all billing accounts, check the Consolidated Statement box. To see only detail on open transactions, check the Show only Open Transactions box.
To generate a PDF statement, click Print Statement. To receive a statement by email, click Email.
Open the Settings section of the left-side menu on the Billing Portal, then click Profile Information. On the Profile information screen, you can update your profile information, with the exception of the email address linked to your Billing Portal account. To update this email address, contact DNAnexus Support.
Open the Settings section of the left-side menu on the Billing Portal, then click Profile Information. In the Billing Account section of the Profile Information screen, enter the email address of anyone who should receive a copy of invoices for the account. You can also remove the email address of anyone who should no longer receive invoice copies.
Note that invoice copy recipients will not be able to access your Billing Portal account.
The Enforcing Monthly Spending Limit for Computing and Egress feature allows project admins to set a monthly spending limit for compute and egress usage. This will ensure that the project stays within budget, and prevent unexpected charges. Org admins can define the org default values for project monthly spending limits for compute usage. Org admins can also update project-level monthly spending limits for compute usage.
Only org admins can change org-level settings. Org default spending limits specify the initial default limit values for all new projects linked to an org. These default spending limits do not apply retroactively to existing projects linked to an org.
At a project level, both org admins and project admins can set and update limits. Org admins can set limits for a project linked to the org, without being the member of that project. There are no restrictions on what spending limit values org admins can set, for projects linked to their orgs.
Project admins can change project spending limits within the range of project-level limits, and org defaults, as set by org admins.
Project members receive email notifications when project charges approach the monthly spending limit for the project. The notification threshold is set by project admins. Project members receive another email notification once project charges have reached the monthly spending limit for the project.